Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pasta with eggplant _Penne alle melanzane


 
Great hollow rolls from the local restaurant

So this is the pasta with eggplant I have been wanting to try.  I have enjoyed almost every dish at this restaurant with the exception of the Gnocchi which is only made on thursday.  It was mushy and not appealing to me and in a nothing tomato sauce.  
When my brother and I were very young and traveled to Rome we ate Gnocchi Gorgonzola for the first time and we really had no idea what either was.  When the plates arrived we both looked at each other and said uh oh because neither of us was a fan of blue cheese at the time.  This was somewhere near the colosseum I may have found the area not quite the restaurant though.  We began to try the dish and to our surprise it was so good that we both ate it all if I recall correctly.  This was the beginning of my love for Gorgonzola and Stilton and the like.  

Back to the eggplant.  This pasta dish is perfect.  It is sweet and roasty and so good.  the bread is fun and tasty and hollow on the inside.  This is also a fav restaurant and is not as pricy for what you get. We have had great veal and other roasts.  Next I plan to try the Rabbit cacciatore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment