Monday, December 5, 2011

Caffe with heart

Near my school there are many and I mean many shops, restaurants, cafes and bars.  I have one in particular where I just love their coffee.  In the last week they have begun to add chocolate to the coffee in this shape of a heart.  I don't know if they just didn't do it before, had run out of cocoa or what but I just love the heart!  You can see the mostly eaten cornetti con marmalatta. Cornetti seems to be a rather generic word for croissant/ breakfast pastry.  In northern parts it is called brioche...The croissants/ cornetti are much sweeter than those in France. Breakfast is a cappuccino or cafe (espresso) taken standing at the counter of the coffee bar.  It seems that most Italians are out to break the land speed record when consuming their breakfast which is minimal and often only a cappuccino.  They seem to slam it and go.  I have not figured out where people go to sit here.  It seems that women do not dine alone nor do many places have comfortable seating.  Perhaps that is why Italians can eat all of this sugar and carbs and stay thin.  They walk a lot, don't sit for coffee or breakfast and often for lunch take a slice of pizza and walk down the street.  When they do have dinner it can last all night...

No comments:

Post a Comment