Saturday, December 24, 2011

My lovely place in Rome- and grumpy notes on sleep disturbance

Could this be TMI, don't know .  But here are a few picts of the apartment in Rome.  Been pretty happy here overall.  Nice and large and modern.  Walls a little thin but that seems to prevail in Italy in some places.  (see below)












Several evenings I enjoyed hearing the neighbors playing with  their toddler, singing next door. As I write this from a very loud hotel with thin walls and loud floors above me . I haven't slept in days and the banging of doors and such just boggle the mind.  Is anyone aware that other people are living here???  I can actually hear the TV in the room next door word for word and the children speaking in the room above.  It is 11:35pm.  Last night I enjoyed the neighbors TV until 3am, good thing I was awake :)  - this seems to be the Karma that has (up until now....) plagued my hotel experiences of the last 7 or so years.  It has become predictable and comically irritating.  The grumpies have definitely set in.  I have gone to 3 herb stores to procure sleeping assistance.  Last nights version set my throat on fire and I was up till after 3.  Tonights version comes from an herbalist with an international reputation both for his herbal preparations and his anti wrinkle cream.  I got some of both and I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. lol!! that is a typical no european reaction to european life style...namely on top of each other!! Wait until you go to Asia, if you happen to go to asia..
    Enjoy!
    mushkan

    ReplyDelete