Saturday, December 3, 2011

Christmas Dolce ! Panpepato

Ok so this little beauty is a traditional Christmas dolce.  I found this in yet another local bakery/ pastry shop there actually is quite a difference.  The women at this patisserie were wrapping these and I picked one up to look at it and I couldn't believe the weight of the thing.  They told me it had nuts and fruit and chocolate how could I resist.  Plus it would be informational for my blog so I brought this sweetie home.  The price was 20 euro a kilogram the weight came out to an 8 Euro item.  Pretty darn heavy.  About the size of a softball but flat on the bottom like a dome covered in hard chocolate.  I have since seen these without the chocolate,,, but after you go chocolate I am not sure you could go back...


The ingredients, I really wanted you to see the weight but it didn't show. In the US we are required to list ingredients in order according to how much of an item is included.  I will say I was fearful of the rum thing (second on the list...) but there is next to no taste of rum, after an inquiry it would seem that a few of the dried fruits have rum... just like any good fruit cake it is dependent on the artisan.  

The inside solid nuts and fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment