Sunday, February 19, 2012

Snow- White Carnival- Bologna

So, any of you from Chicago, or other parts with snowy winters may see this as a normal picture of a snowy airport.  This however is the Bologna, Italy airport on Feb 11, 2012.  I was on my way from Soverato , Calabria to Venice for some Carnival fun when the Rome airport closed and I opted to take a flight to Bologna and take the train the rest of the way to Venice.  This is what I arrived into in Bologna. Snow! Like over a foot.  De-icing of planes was taking place.  At this and many if not most of the airports Ive been flying to deplane down the stairs and then you are taken by bus to the terminal.. This sight was surreal, standing on the tarmac next to these large planes in the snow with bull dozers all around trying to keep up with the snow and ice.  I felt like I was in Chicago only without the benefit of inside gates.




 Bologna countryside on the way home a few days later.  Still white.

No comments:

Post a Comment