Thursday, November 24, 2011

Il Chiodo Fisso and my great neighborhood

This lovely little bundle is how they pack the little pastries that I bought today at a local pastry shop.  I got to walk home with this beautiful package and it was a gift to me! So much to be thankful for.
Read the reviews.  Went tonight and had a GREAT meal.  We have been eating ourselves through various guides for 2 weeks and this is one of the best.  I had the Saltimbocca or Jump in the mouth- yummy, the sauce had the traditional butter,wine and sage, lots of sage this time. It was salty but not so too much like other places I have eaten this.  The Fantasy of grilled vegetables- very nice and naturally sweet vibrant flavors of zucchini, eggplant and yellow peppers, and the special dessert Seadas- OMG ( i am not a fan of the saying but ... here it fits) fried dough, like a ravioli but bigger and better, similar to a thicker sopapilla which we have in New Mexico, filled with the right amount of cheese all melty when you cut into it, maybe a saltier cheese than mozzarella, like a provolone but still mild and then drizzled with honey and a very light dust of powdered sugar and perhaps lemon zest ( I ate it so fast I cant say exactly).  So worth it. Even the table bread was perfection, crusty crust and soft moist inside.  A favorite for sure and a nice way to spend Thanksgiving, very understated and really a non event but a really good meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment