Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Lunch for one at Le Vieux Logis in Tremolat in the South West Dordogne

The Dordogne is one of my favorite areas of France.  This hotel Le Vieux Logis is a beautiful setting for a date for one or two or even for a wedding.  It is located in the center of this village and is a most beautiful building with fantastic gardens.  It is Early May and I am enjoying the outside as one of only two tables dining at this moment.  I sit imagining myself planning my wedding here tasting each dish as if it were being presented for consideration on my menu. Looking around for each setting, the rehearsal dinner, the  wedding ceremony, the reception and the photo session. Numerous nooks and expansive gardens fit all of the profiles with perfection.  I ordered the Degustation menu of the season.  The restaurant offers several menu options all looked equally delicious.

The beautiful garden in which my table was located. Food photos to follow....






















Lobster with delicate gele

Salmon

Lamb

savory cheese creme brule

refreshing grapefruit and gele

sumptuous strawberries and ice cream








No comments:

Post a Comment